03 November 2013

Romagain Romagain Jig-a-dee-jig


-->
A musician on the streets of Rome.
Jared and Bryan almost missed the train to Rome. I remember myself standing outside of the train looking at the guard hoping she wouldn’t blow her whistle to allow the train to depart. I saw Jared in his bright orange shirt running up the stairs, but without Bryan. I was getting nervous. The time was 13:39 and the guard blew whistle and all I could see in the distance was a guy with a backpack running up the staircase and I started yelling to get on the train now. We all made it. We departed Pisa at 13:40 and arrived in Rome around 17:00. I remember strolling out of the train station terminal and thinking how eager I was to see all the historical sights in this ancient city.

I spent five whole days in Rome, the capital of Italy.  The night we arrive in Rome, I think I saw most of the city. We stayed in Alessandro PALACE Hostel, which was near the train station and metro. That made it easy to get around. We decided to walk from our hostel to the Spanish Steps that were built in 1717 and has 135 steps. The scalinata is the widest staircase in Europe. We then headed to the Fontana di Trevi, designed by Italian architect Nicola Salvi and completed by Pietro Bracci. It is the largest Baroque fountain in the city. Of course I threw a Euro with my right hand over my left shoulder for good luck and hopes to return back to Rome someday. Afterwards we walked around Rome enjoying the lack of tourists during the evening and being able to appreciate the sites at night.

Fontana di Trevi
We toured the Colloseum, the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill is the centermost of the Seven Hills of Rome and is one of the most ancient parts of the city, St. Peters Bacillica in the Vatican City, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museum, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, The Capitoline Hill, Castel Sant'Angelo, Circus Maximus is an ancient Roman chariot racing stadium, Piazza del Popolo, Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II, Arch of Constantine and probably a few more!

The Capitoline Hill
The Colosseum


I found pinocchio!

While I loved being in Rome it was nice to finally end right back up in Trieste, my new home!

-Ciao





No comments:

Post a Comment