11 December 2013

Wrapping up the Season


While my time here is limited in Trieste, I have a lot of things to look forward to this week. I finished all my exams today, one of my best friends is coming to visit me tomorrow, and Bryan, Kayla, Erika and I all leave together to head to Prague on the 17th. Trieste is ready for the holidays. There are two huge Christmas trees now up, Christmas markets everywhere, lights down every road, an ice-skating rink, and delicious food everywhere. I officially have only 5 days left here and it's a little heart breaking. I have met so many new friends here and learned how to live abroad. While being away from loved ones has been tough, I think that it is something every young adult should do for a period of time. I can say that living in a foreign country as a 20 year old has changed my life. Meeting people isn't something I am afraid of. I have navigated my way across the world and allowed myself to open up to new experiences. I have eaten some of the most amazing food and I absolutely love creps. I have noticed that when you come half way around the world with only a few things you realize how lucky you are to have everything at home. I thought I was independent before, but I can say I have changed a lot. My heart is open to new people and I am going to miss everyone I have met here! Thank you Olymar, Nikola, and Danio for helping me get settled in here in Italy. Thank you Marco, Elio, Iacopo, and everyone else who has been a friend to me here for being so kind. Lastly, I was lucky enough to come half way around the world with someone who I can now say is a friend for life. Thank you Bryan for being the best first roommate, eating dinner with me every night, and just always being there to talk when I miss home the most.


Today Bryan and I finally got pictures of us in Trieste. It has been our "home" for four months and we never actually documented us being here. It's funny that I carried my camera everywhere except here. Maybe I thought that four months wouldn't go by so fast. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun!




- Addio miei amici. Mi mancherai.





No comments:

Post a Comment