15 September 2013

Prost (Cheers)

This weekend I spent in Bremen, Germany with a dear friend from high school. He was an exchange student my Junior year and we became very good friends. I never thought that I was going to see him again, but I finally did four years later. I have always thought of myself being blessed with so many wonderful people surrounding me. Seeing Thorben run up the train station stairs to hug me made my trip across Germany alone worth it. Being away from my family and friends now for only ten days has made me realized that as long as I can be the one to keep in contact, I will never lose people. I will be away from home for a long time, but why should I just keep my distance? Keeping in contact with Thorben has allowed me to travel where I never thought I could, experience places I would have never known, and meet people that never existed to me. Germany wasn't me being a tourist in a town. I didn't carry my camera around and take photos of what I thought would be great to document. I traveled like a kid would my age here in Germany. I rode buses, trams, trains and walked and walked and walked. It was fun relaxing and enjoying my time with new friends all because of a friend that I kept in contact with for so many years. We traveled to Hamburg and visited the city and of course ate a hamburger in Hamburg :) Yesterday I went to my first ever Futbol game and loved it. There was so much support for the teams on each side. We also went to a concert at Thorben's high school and I met more of his friends. This weekend was wonderful. It has been a very busy last ten days and I am finally ready to head to Trieste, Italy tomorrow and find the place I will call my home for the next year. See you tomorrow Italy! 

To View photo from Bremen please Visit Hannah Swick Photography 





No comments:

Post a Comment