13 September 2013

Wooden Shoes Would Have Been Nice


With being in Amsterdam, Netherlands for just over 24 hours, I felt that I saw so much. With the four of us trying to save money we decided to drag our suitcases across town instead of paying for a tram ticket... it might have been better to spend the 2.50 Euros and make it in 10 minutes but we walked for over an hour on old cobble stone roads. I wish I had wooden shoes because the heel out of my boot fell off and now its gone forever. I will be making a trip to a shoe repair man when I arrive in Italy. This trip I have broken a watch, my shoe fell apart, a few blister and shin splintz, but all in all, I don't really care about those things, it's the experiences and memories I'll have forever. So you ask me about my visit to Amsterdam eh? It was absolutely amazing. But one day is enough for me. Earlier in the day after we arrive at our Flying Pigs Hostel on the Uptown side, I wanted to go get lost on purpose and see what I could find. I walked into a small store to purchase a toothbrush and some other toiletries that I was running out of and I had to figure out what things were based on the look of the bottle and what things were around it. It was fun in a weird way. After finding my way back to the hostel, two of us went to the Van Gogh museum! Seeing these paintings in person made my day better! I bought a belt that was his painting of Cherry Blossoms. I had to do the tourist thing and get a souvenir. Since I didn't have a train ticket to Bremen yet to visit my friend from high school, we went to the train station and tried to figure out a way to get a cheap ticket, but they were all so expensive, so we decided to walk back to the hostel. We walked into a small crepe shop on one of the roads and decided to try some of them. Nutella crepes are delicious especially with coffee. I wish everyone could have tried it. You know how " What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", its the same for Amsterdam :)
To View More photos from Amsterdam visit Hannah Swick Photography












No comments:

Post a Comment