06 September 2013

To the Cliffs and Beyond

Galway, Ireland
I have always seen Ireland as this foreign place that I would only ever seen in romance movies like P.S. I Love You, but today it was real. I was fortunate enough to catch an Ireland Tour to the Cliffs of Moher and other stops on the way. Today seemed like I was in a dream, driving through the county and seeing the most vibrant shades of green, pinching myself to remind me "this is Ireland, I am actually here!" My dream came true today when I was able to see the Cliffs of Moher outside of Galway, Ireland. That desktop screen saver that everyone has was in front of me and I was engulfed with the beauty of the land and sea. Before arriving at our final destination, we made many stops along the way of our day tour from Dublin, Ireland. We departed Dublin at 7:00 headed towards the West Coast of Ireland. There were some other American's other than the group that I am traveling with and many other foreigners from around the world. The city of Limerick was our first stop where we learned the history of the fights between the English and the Irish. We then went on a few other stops along the way. Today was filled with history memories as I traveled across Ireland. Tomorrow we depart for London! If you want to follow my photo adventure, please view HannahSwickPhotography!



Poulnabrone Dolmen, Ireland

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment