15 October 2013

Muggia, Italy

Have you ever wanted to go somewhere that not a lot of people have been and find out that it is one of the most beautiful places you have ever been? This weekend I traveled by car to Muggia, Italy, just a few miles from Trieste. Waking up early and leaving before most people were awake made the adventure that much more exciting. Luckily I have met some amazing friends here who enjoy bringing me places only locals go to. Muggia is one of them. This place was almost a mini Venice.

Walking around I couldn't help but notice how many plants were everywhere and how clean the streets were. It's not a big town at all. There isn't a tourist attraction that would bring people there besides of wanting to visit a small town.

The colors of fall are starting to show here in Italy yet the smell of spring time lingers in the air. The smell of honey suckle filled the small raining streets. It was amazing. Although I haven't traveled much in Italy yet, all the small towns around Trieste are beautiful. People are kind everywhere and everyone is happy. It's like they all know they live in a historic country and that's all they need to know.

I can just imagine myself with a small cottage in the hills with olive trees and vines everywhere filled with grapes that hang over my patio in the summer time. It would be a place where I could relax and enjoy the beauty of my country. 

Enjoy the photos from Muggia, Italy

-Ciao












No comments:

Post a Comment