27 October 2013

Cinqueterra: 5 Cities on the Coast of Italy


There's not much to say about Cinqueterra except wow. I never thought that I would be able to travel to all five cities in one day. We didn't plan it very well, but we only had one day to hit them all. The cities are on the rugged coast of the Italian Riviera. The five cities are  Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Sadily, the trails between the cities were closed for the season but we saw them all in about 8hours. Riomaggiore was my favorite city because I spent most of my time there. I was able to explore the city not just during the day, but at night as well. We stayed in a hostel right outside of the cities in a small town called Biassa. The hostel name was Ostello Tramonti and they provided us with transportation to and from Riomaggiore.There was a small path that led around the edge of the town where you could walk down onto a rocky beach and it reminded me of last summer in California with my family. It was cool but very muggy so a layer of sweat covered my entire body the entire time I was there. When I was in Biassa it was raining, like most days here in Italy. But it was beautiful. Outside our hostel was a residential area where there were not any roads for vehicles. It was a very romantic city. I could only think of all the people who have grown up here without having a garage or even a car to drive. I wish I had more time to explore the cities, but I really just wanted to say that I had been to all the cities. I will go back someday!


To view more photos from Cinqueterra please view my website at Hannah Swick Photography- Cinqueterra







Doing what I love to do the most!


-Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment