14 October 2013

Sailing Away : Barcolona 2013

Being someone who has never grown up with the water by their side, I can honestly say everyone is missing out. The beauty of the sparkling sunset over the horizon is breathtaking, especially when you are sitting with friends talking about how blessed we are in life. I would never take back my experience here in Italy, not for all the missed wifi, family, movies, cars, or anything else in this world that I am lucky to have back in the states. Being abroad now for 40 days, I do miss home, but the places I have seen and the friends that I have met make everything seem like my new home.

For everyone following my blog, I wish I could write more, but the internet takes me a few hours to upload any photos, I'm trying my best!

This weekend was Barcoloana here in Trieste, Italy. It is a sailing race where people from all over the world come here to race. It was a beautiful sight. I found two boats from Florida and I was just excited to know someone else here is a foreigner! Photos cannot show at all how beautiful the sea is when it is full of Sail Boats!

Trieste is a place where something is always happening. Every weekend I have been here something has been going on. One weekend there was a festival about Austrian rulers back with Trieste wasn't a part of Italy. This weekend was Barcolana. Cruise ships stopped here to let people enjoy the beautiful sites of Piazza Unita and all the other shopping areas to visit. This place is a busy place. People are always coming and going. Even I feel like I always traveling throughout the city, finding new places to go. I didn't stay in Trieste all day to watch a race that you can technically not see since its in the Adriatic Sea, but I was there for the start of the race and also was able to view the city and the race above off the side of a road where there were other spectators who wanted to see the race from a different view. Looking out over the water and seeing hundreds of tiny triangles floating around, wondering if they are actually moving or not, is a beautiful sight.  One of the boats from Florida was named "True Love" and I believe the sailors on that ship know exactly what it means to love to travel. They can go anywhere the water cant take them.

Please enjoy the Beautiful photos from Barcolana 2013 here in Trieste, Italy

-Ciao

















No comments:

Post a Comment