26 October 2013

Now That's a Bunch of Bologna!

B-O-L-O-G-N-A

Now that the song is stuck in your head, you just pronounced the name of the town Bologna completely wrong. I traveled to Bologna to see my friend Miguel in the town that he is studying abroad in. A month ago he traveled to my town of Trieste to visit and now it was my turn. Bologna is beautiful. It is the largest city in the Emilia-Romagna Region in Northern Italy. The city of about 300,000 people dates back to 1000 BC and was first under the rule of the Etruscans then later Romans. Over 40-km-long  porticoes make the city of Bologna one of the most unique cities in Italy. There are over 600 arches in the city lining the streets. It is a beautiful site. Good thing I have a friend who lives here to be my tour guide. Bologna was once walled in and still parts of the wall is present here today. It is interesting to think that people would wall in their cities for protection. Could you imagine your hometown with a giant wall around it, letting only people who were from the town to enter. I only spent a brief time here in Bologna, but I enjoyed the time visited. To view more photos from Bologna please view Hannah Swick Photography- Bologna


Porticoes





Leaving Bologna to head to Cinqueterra!


-Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment